Already know you want to watch the total solar eclipse at Put-in-Bay? Here are our favorite places to stay! Book early, we are expecting incredible demand for these dates across the island!
- Island Club Rentals (islandclub.com) – 216-898-9951
- Commodore Resort (commodoreresort.com) – 419-285-3101
- Put-in-Bay Condos (putinbaycondos.com) – 216-898-1105
- Victory Station Hotel (putinbayvictorystation.com) – 419-285-0120
- Bird’s Nest Resort (birdsnestresort.com) – 419-285-6119
Be A Part Of Put-in-Bay’s Monumental Eclipse!
On April 8th, 2024, something absolutely incredible is happening, and it’s happening at Put-in-Bay! South Bass Island is in the direct path of a total solar eclipse! The sky will darken over the Lake Erie Islands as if it were dusk, in the middle of the day, and with special glasses, those in its path will be afforded the opportunity to gaze at the moon as it blocks out the sun in its entirety! Approximately 9% of the American population live in the path of totality, which leaves 91% who might consider traveling for this event. And we think some of that 91% should come to Put-in-Bay, Ohio!
An Event Like This Is (Almost) Once-In-A-Lifetime!
You may recall a famous American eclipse a few years ago, and in fact, there was a total solar eclipse that cut across the United States in 2017. That may have you thinking that this is a semi-frequent occurrence, but in fact it’s very rare. The next time a total solar eclipse will be visible in America is 2045! So if you miss this one, you’ll be waiting two decades for the next. Now if that isn’t a good excuse to come to Put-in-Bay, I don’t know what is!
This particular eclipse is also a little unusual as opposed to other total solar eclipses. The 2017 eclipse was viewable for approximately 2 minutes. This upcoming one will be visible for about 4 and a half minutes, which is extremely long relative to other total solar eclipses. It really is going to be a particularly special edition of an already special event!
Put-in-Bay Ohio Is The Perfect Place To Watch The Total Solar Eclipse
It should come as no surprise that people from all over America will be treating this as a great opportunity for a getaway. There are quite a few great places along the eclipse path, like Dallas, Indianapolis and Buffalo. In our region, Cleveland, Toledo and Sandusky can all expect to be within the path of totality.
But it really is a thin strip, and veteran eclipse watchers will tell you to make sure you’re within that path. So people living places like Columbus and Cincinnati, or Chicago or Pittsburgh, will really need to travel to get the full experience of the eclipse. And since you’ll be on the move, why not make an occasion out of it! Grab a Put-in-Bay Golf Cart Rental, cast a couple of lines in Lake Erie for some Walleye, and experience the total solar eclipse in a place as special as the event, Put-in-Bay Ohio!
Spend April 8th, 2024 And The Total Solar Eclipse With Us At Put-in-Bay!
By April 8th, both the Miller Ferry and the Jet Express will be running, and we may even be lucky enough to have some springtime temperatures, though we can’t promise that! What we can promise, is your choice of Put-in-Bay hotels and vacation rental homes, some amazing bars and restaurants, a great place to cruise around in some Put-in-Bay golf carts, and the perfect surroundings to take in a once-in-a-generation event, Put-in-Bay’s Monumental Eclipse!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.