When you are in the mood for something a little south of the border, head to Big Man’s Burrito Stand. Located behind everyone’s favorite bar, Frosty’s, Big Man’s has a mouthwatering menu of tacos, nachos, burritos, and even salads.
Big Man’s Burrito Stand Details
Located right smack dab in the middle of downtown Put-in-Bay on Delaware Ave, Big Man’s is sure to become your new favorite late night destination. They are open until 1am.
The Backyard at Frosty’s is always jammed pack with crowds of tourists and locals alike having a great time, relaxing on adirondack chairs, and soaking up the summer sun. If you find yourself in a particularly heated game of pool in the bar or deep in conversation on the patio, easily order a burrito from your mobile phone. You’ll be noshing on a burrito in no time.
Big Man’s Burrito Stand Menu Highlights
Things get pretty creative here with a lively menu of spicy fare including the decadent Chicken Buffalo Ranch Burrito and the streamlined Simple Steak Tacos.
• Macho’s Nachos with pulled pork, black beans, corn and bean salsa, cheese, jalapeño slices, and sour cream
• Some Like It Hot Burrito with spicy chorizo sausage, rice, refried beans, hot salsa verde, cheese, jalapeño slices, sour cream, and Stoiber’s Sizzling Hot Sauce
• Chicken Fajita Salad with Garlic and lime marinated chicken, grilled peppers and onions, mild salsa rojo, shredded cheese, jalapeño slices, and sour cream on a bed of lettuce
• Simple Steak Tacos with garlic and lime marinated steak, rice, mild salsa rojo, lettuce, and cheese
• Buffalo Ranch Tacos with black beans, mild salsa rojo, lettuce, cheese, and buffalo ranch sauce
Add guacamole and a bit of extra queso to these dishes to really take things up a flavor notch.
One of their most popular items is the Walking Burrito. This culinary marvel consists of a bag of Fritos or Doritos served with choice of meat, lettuce, cheese, salsa, and sour cream in the bag! You are also invited to make your own burrito or taco with their selection of sauces, meats, and toppings. They also serve a variety of chips and dips to satisfy everyone’s flavor palette.
Everyone Loves Frosty’s
A Put-in-Bay tradition, Frosty’s has been slinging ice cold beer for over 60 years. Owned and operated by the Stoiber family, this friendly spot really gets island living. Known far and wide for their signature frosty mugs of beer, Frosty’s is definitely one of the friendliest bars in town.
Frosty’s makes sure everyone is living their best life. The bar also includes a big outdoor patio, plenty of bar games like Big Buck Hunter and a pool table. Sports are always playing on their flat screen TV’s. Live music can be heard almost every night of summer. DJ’s are on deck to spin music late into the night on weekends.
Frosty’s is such a stellar community spot, they even have their own sports fishing team! Formed in 2003 with the help of June and Ryan Stoiber, Team Frosty has been catching fish in Lake Erie and the Florida Keys ever since!