When you picture your next vacation spot, what do you see? Do you imagine yourself soaking up the sunshine by the swimming pool, or are you enjoying peace and quiet from your private deck? When you book a stay at a Put-in-Bay vacation rental home or cabin, you can have it all. Get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and escape to Put-in-Bay on South Bass Island. Each of our featured lodging options is centrally located between downtown and the miller ferry dock and include all the comforts of home… an Island Club Home! To ensure that you have a place to stay at the bay, plan ahead and make a Put-in-Bay Rental Home Availability Request.
Put-in-Bay Lodging & Rental Homes
Put-in-Bay Island Club Rentals
Your Put-in-Bay Lodging Resort and Rental Options
When many people are planning a trip out of town, they think of hotels. But a family-friendly trip to our beautiful Lake Erie island may work better with an alternative option that the typical Put-in-Bay resort cannot provide. Put-in-Bay hotels are great, but with a vacation rental you can keep your whole group together and focus on planning outings to the famous Put-in-Bay sites like Perry’s Cave and the Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial!
The Best Ohio Getaway
Put-in-Bay is such a departure from the rest of Ohio, you’d be forgiven for thinking you had teleported to the Keys! Downtown Put-in-Bay is home to more bars and restaurants than you can imagine, and even though it’s a mere hour from Cleveland, even less from Toledo, and just a little water away from Sandusky Ohio and Cedar Point, it’s as if you’re in another world and not in PIB. Everything is within walking distance in the downtown area, and a simple golf cart ride will get you the rest of the way at Put n Bay!
Put-in-Bay Condos, Cabins and more
Selecting the right vacation home is the key to having a memorable trip. Will you choose the Island Club, vacation rentals with their own taxi service? Or, will you opt for a waterfront condo with a beautiful back porch and a poolside view of the outdoor pool in the front? These spacious and private Put-in-Bay rentals include amenities such as fully equipped kitchens, propane grills, parking, and private outdoor spaces. The kitchens are a great way to make family meals on the island and avoid eating out every night while on the island. Save your money for the great Put-in-Bay attractions
Midweek stays will also benefit from special add-ons such as golf cart rentals and discounted rates. There’s room to accommodate your entire group of family and friends under one roof. Why spread out in multiple hotel rooms when you could stay together in one of the island’s best rental homes? With top-notch amenities like free wifi, garden tubs and easy check-in, and unbeatable locations on the lakefront with an incredible lakeview, there’s no doubt that you’ll have an excellent experience at your Put-in-Bay, Ohio, rental home. It’s your home away from home, but this one is on an island!
Not Just Another Put-in-Bay Resort
Cottages and Rental Homes offer guests a comfortable place to stay in Put-In-Bay. Enjoy all of the comforts of home, while staying under one roof with your group. Don’t spread out in multiple hotel rooms. Stay together in one of our excellent lodging choices and have a great experience with some of your closest friends that can’t be matched in a hotel! Use our rental homes’ free WiFi to plan your day to visit the Perry’s Family Fun Center, Lake Erie Islands Historical Society, downtown Derivera Park, and the South Bass Island State Park. All have free attractions!
Put-In-Bay is home to a wide selection of Vacation Rental Properties. This website is an excellent resource to research, compare and reserve your home. There is something to match everyone and anyone’s lodging needs as well as attractions, shopping, and put in bay restaurants. The sooner you book, the sooner you can get on a Put in Bay Ferry! Just don’t get caught up in a mock recreation of the Battle of Lake Erie!
Put-in-Bay Ohio, the United States most northern island paradise!
Put-in-Bay is one of the most well known vacation destinations in the northern half of the United States. A short ferry ride from Port Clinton or Catawba will bring you face to face with an island paradise, with famous nightlife, tiki bars, and more. Enjoy a taxi ride in sweet air conditioning to get you from ferry to house. The Put-in-Bay island life will take you so far away from your 9 to 5, you may never want to go back. Explore this website for information on upcoming events and more to find the best time to come see us at the Bay!
Other Put-In-Bay Lodging Options
- Airbnb Put in Bay
- Airbnb Put in Bay has quickly become a popular method to book a place to stay on the island. Users like the easy interface and the ability to use one platform no matter where they stay. When considering an Airbnb Put in Bay be sure to consider all of the fees and surcharges that may be incurred. Be sure to compare prices of booking through this method and simply Booking Direct with an island Hospitality Provider.
- BOOK DIRECT AND SAVE 10%
- For Airbnb Put-in-Bay stays expect to pay 10% more than when booking directly with your Put-in-Bay lodging partner.
- VRBO Put in Bay
- VRBO Put in Bay, or Vacation Rental by Owner is a service that connects homeowners to potential renters. This has been proven to be a useful tool for an individual owning a vacation home. This platform allows owners to post their own properties to a bigger audience. Like Airbnb, it is prudent when using a VRBO Put in Bay to compare the cost to other Put-In-Bay Reservation methods.
- VRBO will also tack on hidden fees
- ALWAYS BOOK DIRECT
- Your VRBO Put-in-Bay stay will be significantly more expensive than booking direct with the lodging partner of your choice.
- The Put-in-Bay Villas
- The Put-in-Bay Villas are some of the most coveted lodging on Put-in-Bay. This beautiful units are located adjacent to the Put-in-Bay Resort and Conference Center. The Villas cater to groups of all sizes with luxury amenities coupled with the conveniences of home. The Villas regularly sell out every weekend during the summer season, so make your reservations early on in the year.
- These three-story villas can sleep groups of 8 to 12 comfortably. The stylish and well-appointed interior includes a kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, and wet-bar. The roomy living room has a fabulous 42” flat screen TV with free cable. Queen size beds can be found in each of the four bedrooms along with three bathrooms. Luxury linens are provided. Private patios can be found off of the first and second floors. Enjoy summer evenings cooking out with your friends and enjoying the warm breezes with a glass of wine. The Put-in-Bay Villas also features exceptional service for guests in this gated and secure community. 24-hour security is available on the weekends. The Villas include daily housekeeping.
- Guests enjoy all the amenities of the nearby Put-in-Bay Resort. This includes the award-winning Blue Marlin Tiki Bar & Grill located right next to the pool and the largest jacuzzi in the world. This hot tub can fit up to 40 people. This spot is always fun and lively. Specialty cocktails from the Blue Marlin go perfectly with a dip in the pool. The Put-in-Bay Pizza Company is located in the lobby. Serving up delicious pizza, wings, and grinders, this restaurant always satisfies. Complimentary breakfast is offered every day but Saturday at the hotel.
- The Put-in-Bay Resort also includes a fully equipped conference center if you are planning a business retreat or wedding. There are a variety of different size rooms and ballrooms available, different catering menus, and on-site wedding planners to help you with everything. Moped, golf carts, and bicycle rentals are also offered at the resort. The preferred way to get around Put-in-Bay, the golf carts often sell out so reserve yours today!
- The All Star Ohio House
- The All Star Ohio House is one of Put-in-Bay newest premiere lodges. This Victorian beauty was remodeled in 2014 to celebrate all things Ohio State. The entire space is decked out in that classic Buckeye red. Located right in the heart of downtown Put-in-Bay, this spacious house is minutes from the Jet Express terminal and pretty much close to everything! The house can sleep up to 22 guests. The main feature of the house is the large master suite with sitting area and private bath, which features a luxurious oversized bathtub.
- The other four bedrooms along with three full baths can be rented separately from the master suite. Each room is decorated in Buckeye red with red leather couches in the roomy living room. The 60” TV is the perfect place to catch the game. There is free Wifi throughout the house. The beds are outfitted with high quality linens. Towels and toiletries are also provided. The full kitchen makes it easy to whip up delicious appetizers, drinks and throw BBQ’s with all your friends. Discounts on golf carts are also available. This is the preferred way to traverse the Put n Bay island.
- Outdoor space abounds at The All Star Ohio House. The screened-in front porch and courtyard are a great place to watch all of Put-in-Bay bustle by. Guests can even see Lake Erie from here. The back patio is very spacious with picnic tables with umbrellas and a propane grill, even corn hole! This is a great spot to host get togethers with friends or make dinner before heading out onto the town. Put-in-Bay is a great place to bring groups of friends. Whether it’s a boys weekend, Bachelor parties, or family reunions, this island provides a plethora of fun activities and world class dining and Put n Bay nightlife.
Top 10 Put-in-Bay Lodging Questions
Yes! The Put-in-Bay Condos are one major resort on South Bass Island that is on the waterfront. Each of the 26 individual condos faces Lake Erie and has a large outdoor deck for guests to sit and enjoy the view.
The best way to get to your hotel from the ferry dock is to use a Put-in-Bay Taxi service. They are always available waiting for guests at each of the ferry docks. They are also available by reservation and will be waiting for you and your group tp provide a private transport. All hotels have a few parking spots also in case you have to bring your car over to the island.
Pool parties have become synonymous with Put-in-Bay weekend fun. The best Put in Bay hotels also happen to offer the best pools and DJs both midweek and on the weekends. Top picks according to guest surveys include:
- The Commodore Resort's MIST Pool Bar
- The Put-in-Bay Resort's Blue Marlin Bar
- The Put-in-Bay Waterfront Condos new pool
- The Bay Lodging's Buckeye Tiki Bar
Each hotel on the island offers a different experience. The best hotel at Put-in-Bay is the one that you and your family enjoy the most. Commodore Resort is located in the heart of the downtown and is Put-in-Bay's original pool resort. It has a restaurant, bar, pool, and golf cart rentals. The Put-in-Bay Resort is probably the island's biggest and offers a swim-up bar, hot tub, and golf cart rentals. The Bay Lodging is located just off downtown so it is a little quieter and also offers golf carts and the island's only indoor/outdoor pool. Put-in-Bay Waterfront Condos offers incredible panoramic lake views from each condo's private deck.
Families enjoy our hotels and resorts differently than most weekend guests. They look for some peace and quiet and also certain usual hotel amenities. The Commodore Resort offers a variety of different room styles that families enjoy as well as the convenience of being walking distance to everything. The Island Club offers a large heated pool for summer fun. The Put-in-Bay Waterfront Condos has serenity and it's location virtually guarantees a quiet evening. The Victory Station Hotel is the closest to Perry's Family Fun Center and is also a little quieter.
Most hotels and resorts at Put-in-Bay require a 2 or sometimes 3 night minimum on weekends depending on the time of year. However, most also offer a 1-night option for midweek. So it really depends when you want to stay. The Put-in-Bay Condos are testing a one night weekend stay for both the early and late pre- and post-season weekends.
Each of the Put-in-Bay hotels has an individual page here for you to review information and pictures. There are also outbound links that go to each of their individual websites to get even more information and to book online! You can also call to get specific information.
Your stay at Put-in-Bay depends on what you wish to do while on the island. Check out other questions to discover factors such as closeness to downtown, family friendly features, pools, and more. Our top list includes:
- Put-in-Bay Resort
- Commodore Resort
- Put-in-Bay Waterfront Condos
- Bay Lodging
There are only three large hotels and resorts on the island which are pet-friendly. They are pet-friendly for midweek stays but due to the volume of people on weekends and the increased activity, weekends are generally not pet-friendly at hotels. These resorts are:
- Bay Lodging
- Put-in-Bay Poolview Condos
- Island Club Home Rentals
Unfortunately, there is a limit on the number of guests allowed in each hotel room. This is usually set by the state fire marshal. If a room at a Put-in-Bay hotel is advertised as a 4-person room, then it is a 4-person maximum. All hotels and resorts on the island are very strict about this due to safety concerns and will not allow any extra guests.