Located at the Doller House Estate just outside of downtown, Put-in-Bay Winery offers delicious wine in a peaceful setting. A wonderful place to spend a summer afternoon, the winery includes a full range of wines, from red to white to pink. There’s also no better option for your large event than Put-in-Bay Winery Catering.
Put-in-Bay Winery Details
Founded in 2009, Put-in-Bay winery includes a wine garden, winery exhibition, and store. The winery is committed to educating their visitors on the entire winemaking process, from start to finish.
The wine tours offered on the estate include a tasting in every room. Tour this Italianate beauty while leaving about the history of the island and importance wine played in its story.
The tours all begin with a tasting of the Put-In-Bay Winery’s Celebration, a sparkling Moscato. The tour then moves to the Main Parlor with a tasting of a rich Merlot. While touring the Historic Ice House, visitors learn the importance of Valentine Doller’s ice business as well as a tasting of the Put-In-Bay Riesling.
If you plan to skip the tour or enjoy a tasting afterwards, you may create your own flight of three or four of our Put-In-Bay Wines or select from the Pelee Island Wines, West Coast or Featured Wines.
Wines can also be purchased from their online store. The Put-in-Bay Winery offers an impressive variety of dry and sweet wines, all complex in their own ways.
Put-in-Bay Winery Wines
• Pink Catawba — the perfect balance of sweet and tart
• Blackberry Wine — this layered dessert wine is made from 100% blackberries
• Commodore Perry Chardonnay — a classic California white aged in American and French Oak
• Red Witch Sauvignon Blanc — dry white with notes of grass and citrus
• Concord — a sweet and balanced red
• Celebration — a sweet wine for special occasions
Celebrations at The Doller House
This striking building sits right on Lake Erie with stunning views of the harbor and Gibraltar Island. With a lakeside front yard and large backyard perfect for dancing, this is a popular spot of weddings and celebrations of all kinds.
Allow their expert staff to work with you to create the perfect event. They offer a delicious catering menu as well and can accommodate parties anywhere from 15 to 60 guests. The Winery is located very close to the Jet Express ferry terminal.
Put-in-Bay Winery Catering Menu
• Cheese and Meat Plate with Primo Gusto Pepperoni, Italian Summer Salami, Munster, Colby Jack and Cheddar cubes with Pepperidge Farm Crackers
• Veggie Goat Cheese Pizza
• Gorgonzola and Pear Pizza
• Artisanal Cheese Plate with Bellavitano aged in Merlot, Vlaskaas Gouda aged six years, and English Cotswald with chives served with Carr’s distinctive collection of varied crackers, fresh strawberries, and aromatic herbs.
Call Put-in-Bay Winery Catering to discuss your party plans today. They are more than happy to help.
The Valentine Doller House
This yellow and gray brick and wood house was home to the Put-in-Bay luminary, Valentine Doller. A German immigrant, Doller was paramount to bringing the ice industry to Put-in-Bay, an important component in both its financial and tourism development. He also served as the island’s third mayor. The tower at the front corner classifies the building as Italianate architecture and was most likely red brick until painted.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.