High atop the Boardwalk Restaurant sits the Upper Deck. Offering sweeping views of Lake Erie, and table side service, the Upper Deck is home to the best lobster bisque in the region. Plan a stay at the Commodore Resort and you can walk across the park directly to The Upper Deck!
The Upper Deck Details
Quite the Put-in-Bay destination, The Boardwalk contains multiple bars and restaurants is one sprawling complex. Located right on the harbor, it greets every visitor arriving on South Bass Island.
The Upper Deck is the most sophisticated spot at the Boardwalk, perfect for date nights and any special occasion. Besides the excellent Lobster Bisque, the Upper Deck specializes in local and regional seafood.
The Upper Deck Menu Highlights
• Lake Erie Walleye Baskets
• Lake Erie Perch Sandwich
• Maine Lobster
• Key West Pink Shrimp
• Crab Legs
• Blackened Mahi Mahi Sandwiches
• Salmon BLT
In the mood for a cocktail and some appetizers? The Upper Deck delivers in spades. Try their creamy Blue Cheese Chips and Fish Dip, crispy Mozzarella Sticks, and Coconut Shrimp. They go great with a martini. The Upper Deck has quite an extensive menu so order like James Bond and enjoy the views. There is also a great selection of beer and wine.
The Lobster Bisque is available in both a regular and bread bowl. For something extra decadent try their Lobster Bisque Poutine Fries, which is a large bowl of seasoned French Fries topped with Lobster Bisque, Wisconsin White cheddar cheese curds, fresh parsley and chives and topped with succulent Maine Lobster chunks.
Still in the mood for lobster? Their lobster mac ‘n cheese is downright sinful. The lobster, shrimp, and crab alfredo primavera pairs fresh vegetables alongside incredible seafood.
Their salads are all healthy and filling. From Southwest Shrimp Salad to the Blackened Chicken Caesar, you will definitely get your fill. The burgers include beef patties as well as turkey burgers, chicken breast, and black bean burgers. Make your own or choose from one of their amazing creations such as the Bacon, Boursin, and Guacamole.
The menu goes on and on. There is definitely something for everyone at the Upper Deck. Make sure to leave room for dessert. With dishes like Chocolate Lava Cake and Cinnamon Roll Sundaes, you can’t say no.
Home to five restaurants and three bars, the Boardwalk Restaurant is the center for dining and drinking on Put-in-Bay. Live music also plays most nights during the summer season. Watch the sun go down over the lake while listening to an excellent live band and dining on world-class cuisine.
Family of Restaurants
• Fish Shak features fresh Hand-Breaded Lake Erie Perch and Walleye Sandwiches & Baskets.
• Book’s Seafood is home to gourmet seafood favorites: Alaskan King Crab, Live Maine Lobster, Key West Shrimp and New Zealand Mussels.
• Little Galley is a quicky favorite amongst families and boaters, the Little Galley slings Black Angus Burgers, Quarter-pound Hot Dogs, White Meat Chicken Strips and French Fries.
• Upper Deck
• Rita’s Cantina features the largest tequila list on the island and south-of-the-border treats.
• Burgee Bar is a friendly bar with live music and great views.
• Clawdaddy’s includes a smoking section and is right on the water.