*** To Be Live Streamed on Facebook ***
Bless The Fleet on May 9th!
The Blessing of Fleet ceremony has seen Seafarers from across generations have all taken part in it. There is something mystifying about the time-honored traditions passed down from generation to generation within the seaport communities. Put-in-Bay Ohio locals and visitors alike join together to offer a blessing to the various seafaring vessels among the island’s fleet. This tradition is in place to safeguard the vessels against the coming year’s storms and protect the fleet, the passengers, and the crew from harm. Put-in-Bay’s local clergy from St Paul’s Church and Mother of Sorrows Church will be present to bless the many vessels that serve South Bass Island.
Annual Blessing of Fleet Vessels
- Rescue Vessels and Coast Guard
- Travel Vessels – Ferry Boats and water taxis
- Medical Helicopters
- Commercial watercraft and aircraft
There is no better place to see the variety of that service the Lake Erie Islands all in one place. This community event is enjoyable for all ages, so bring your little ones. There will be fresh coffee, hot chocolate, and cookies on the dock along with friendly camaraderie and well wishes.
Interested in coming to this event? Contact our favorite lodging partners!
- Island Club Rentals (islandclub.com) – 216-898-9951
- Put-in-Bay Condos (putinbaycondos.com) – 216-898-1105
- Commodore Resort (commodoreresort.com) – 419-285-3101
- Victory Station Hotel (putinbayvictorystation.com) – 419-285-0120
- Bird’s Nest Resort (birdsnestresort.com) – 419-285-6119
And follow these quick links to plan the rest of your trip!
- Things To Do At Put-in-Bay
- Golf Cart Rental Information
- Put-in-Bay’s Restaurants And Bars
- Ferry Information
Once the ceremony has concluded make sure to explore all that Put-in-Bay has to offer! With a variety of places to eat and attractions to experience, you will not be disappointed. Stop by the Biergarten at the Boathouse and grab a cold beer and a Bratwurst or a Bavarian pretzel. Yum! If beer isn’t your thing head over to the Boardwalk Restaurant. Here you will find a wide variety of dining options for any appetite. You can dine out on the main deck, at eateries such as the Fish Shak. Fish caught daily from Lake Erie are served fresh in a variety of menu options, guaranteed to make seafood lovers happy. If you would rather an indoor dining experience, trek up to the upper deck. Here you can enjoy a nice sit-down meal with a variety of seafood, steak, and other options.
* This is a Put-in-Bay Chamber of Commerce sponsored event *
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.