putinbay.com is proud to present the Put-in-Bay Gazette’s Island Diary. For the best South Bass Island journalism, visit putinbay.news and subscribe to the Gazette today!
Five New Web Cams Coming to Put-in-Bay
The Putinbay.com team of Paul Jeris, Ed Fitzgerald, and Brad Ohlemacher is bringing together public and private enterprises to deliver high end web cams to the island. Barbara Rowles, Superintendent of Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial, the Booker family and the Boardwalk Family of Restaurants, Bryan Kasper from the Ship House, the Fitzgerald family and Commodore Resort, and Paul Jeris from the Put-in-Bay Condos have teamed up to place five axis, pan, tilt and zoom cameras on the island. They will be placed at the following locations:
- The Monument Cam: The top of Perry’s Monument facing Put-in-Bay harbor.
- The Lobster Bisque Cam: On top of the Boardwalk with the ability to view sunsets, sunrises and scan the entire Bay.
- The Ship House Cam: On top of the Kasper Ship House to view the amazing West Shore sunsets.
- The “Hi Mom!” Cam: On the sidewalk of Mr Ed’s Bar, just like Sloppy Joes in Key West.
- The Put-in-Bay Condos Cam: A sunrise cam on top of the Put-in-Bay Condos, looking out at Kelley’s Island, Cedar Point, and the East side of the island.
The cameras will be available for viewing on www.putinbay.com, www.putinbayohio.com, www.putinbayreservations.com, www.putinbayonline.com, www.nps.gov/pevi, The Boardwalk websites, www.shiponthebay.com, Commodore Resort’s websites, and other approved partners. Visitors will be able to view sunrises, sunsets, our beautiful harbor, special events, and the general daily happenings on the Bay. The cameras and software have many features such as automatic panning, timelapse recaps of the day’s events, and clickable and interchangeable logos. The software works seamlessly with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and YouTube to publish live video events on Facebook Live, YouTube and other supported streaming services.
Some of the goals of this project are to:
- Increase awareness.
- Promote the island and give our website visitors a live view of what Put-in-Bay has to offer.
- Increase guest visits.
- Turn lookers into bookers, prospective guests use live streams to make traveling decisions.
- Increase engagement.
- Invite our online visitors to experience Put-in-Bay and be part of a live community.
Installation of the cameras will be done by local island resident Kris Hodgson of Pro Audio Video Systems. The system should be up live and available by mid-June.
To subscribe to the Put-in-Bay Gazette please visit their website by clicking here.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.