Opened by Andy Christiansen and local musician Ray Fogg in 2014, the Reel Bar quickly established its reputation as one of the favorite bars on Put-in-Bay. Known affectionately as a “Reel New Bar in a Reel Old Place,” this friendly bar is decked out to celebrate all things fishing.
The Reel Bar Details
Located at the same site of Tony’s, an old favorite on the island, the Reel Bar is neighbors with the Victory Station Hotel, the Lake Erie Islands Historical Society, and the Put-in-Bay Police Department.
The bar has this great “lived-in” feel. Everyone immediately feels comfortable here. The owners took great care to make this place welcoming by using natural materials such as reclaimed barn wood, real stone, recycled antique lighting and lots of cool old décor.
Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the Reel Bar specializes in plates piled high with filling, delicious, and healthy food. While the bar may look like an old fisherman’s dive bar, the menu uses only the best ingredients including antibiotic and hormone-free meat, and freshly caught Lake Erie perch.
The breakfast at the Reel Bar is the perfect way to start your day, especially if you plan on heading out on the boat afterwards. Every dish will keep you satisfied until lunchtime.
The Reel Bar Breakfast Highlights
• Reel Breakfast which includes two fresh eggs, homefries, toast, and choice of meat
• Reel Corned Beef Hash
• Biscuits and Gravy
• Chorizo Breakfast Tacos
• Breakfast Sandwich served on a buttery croissant with scrambled eggs, white cheddar and your choice of bacon, sausage or Canadian bacon.
• Smashed Avocado Toast with two eggs
Wash it all down with a Bloody Mary, hot coffee, or indulge in a Reel Bar favorite. Add a shot of your favorite liquor to fresh squeezed OJ. Their fresh squeezed cocktails starts your day off boozy and healthy.
The deliciousness continues to lunch and dinner. Diners can expect the same friendly service and excellent food all hours of the day at the Reel Bar.
The Reel Bar Lunch and Dinner Highlights
• Shrimp Tacos
• Sweet Bourbon Burgers with candied bacon, Reel bourbon glaze, steakhouse onion cheddar cheese and crispy onions.
• Short Rib Philly with onion, mushrooms and peppers, covered in Swiss cheese and served with horseradish aioli.
• Lake Erie Perch with their special breading
• Reel Tots (smothered tater tots covered in cheese!)
• Reel Loaded Nachos with shredded cheese, queso cheese, sour cream, salsa, jalapenos, red onion and lettuce. Add grilled chicken or shrimp.
It’s no surprise the Reel Bar is home to some of the best live music on the island. It was actually recently named the #1 venue of live music on Put-in-Bay. Ray Fogg regularly hosts his popular The Ray Fogg Show, an adult oriented music/comedy shows that has been delighting audiences for over 30 years!
Local and regional bands, karaoke, and fun charity events like Lake Erie Idol can be enjoyed every weekend during the summer season. There is always something amazing playing at the Reel Bar. Come for a world-class meal, stay for world-class entertainment.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.